Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Krupa river is the Neretva left tributary and the main water current of Hutovo Blato, which leads the waters from Gornje Blato and Svitavsko lake into the Neretva river. The length of Krupa is 9 km with an average depth of 5 meters. Krupa does not have an actual source, but is actually an arm of Deransko lake. Also, the Krupa is a unique river in Europe, because the river flows both ways. It flows ‘normally’ from the ‘source’ to the mouth and from the mouth to the ‘source’. This happens when, due to high water level and large quantity of water, river Neretva pushes the Krupa river in opposite direction .
See also Edit
- Krupa river & Hutovo Blato - NAP - Network of Adriatic Parks
- Hutovo Blato Nature Park
- Commission for Preservation of National Monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- NGO for Environment protection ZELENI-NERETVA Konjic
- WWF Panda - Living Neretva
- REC Transboundary Cooperation Through the Management of Shared Natural Resources
- INWEB Internationally Shared Surface Water Bodies in the Balkan Region
- Wine route Herzegovina
- Čapljina municipality
- Neretva.org Open Project